Saturday, March 27, 2010

Introduction

Silly me forgot to start this blog with an introduction. So what qualifies me to write a blog for Fathers? Well my own father abandoned me and my mother blamed me for it and I guess hated me if I were to be completely honest about this. Now I am a father myself and it is the greatest gift God has ever given me in my entire life. My daughter is now 10 years old! She is a honor student with reading levels of a sophomore in High School, she is on an 9th grade math level and is in the top 10 percent of students nationwide. Now just as importantly Natalies and mine relationship is so great! We have never in her life had an argument! We have had of course disagreements, but we have much too much respect for one another to raise our voice to one another. I know I could have Natalie to sit down somewhere and she would sit there forever if I didn't tell her it was o.k. to move. Now why is this you ask? I firmly believe the reason for this is because Natalie knows if I ask her to sit down somewhere it is for her own good, it is not because I am tired of fooling with her or want to do something on my own. Natalie knows that I put her first in everything and she appreciates that and respects me for it. Natalie is the only child in her school from a broken home that is on the academic team. Of course this blog is also an oppurtunity for me to brag on natty (my nickname for her). Did I mention that she is an advanced student group with Duke University! My point is I am proud of her and my child knows it, let your kids know your proud of them too no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment