Thursday, April 15, 2010

Are you above or below average?

I recently heard on the news something I could scarce believe. The recession ha caused more dads who I guess aren't working to spend more time with their kids. Now when I first heard this I was very happy about this, but when I heard the number I was in shock! The average father spends 7 to 10 hours a week with their child! And that is an increase! One hour a day and that's it (on average) Mom's do slightly better with 16 to 21 hours spent weekly with their children. Now I am a divorced dad I only get my daughter every other weekend, but during that time we are never apart except to go to the restroom and sometimes then she stands outside the door so we can carry our conversation on. I felt good knowing that my time I spent with my daughter was more than even dads who have the good fortune to actually live with their children, but I was saddened to think of the children out there who aren't getting the attention they need and deserve. So are you above average or below average? Spending time with your kids is life's greatest gift, invest yourself in them and then when they get older you will see your efforts were not in vain!

No comments:

Post a Comment