Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Be respectable

I once heard someone say if we could only be the people we want our children to be. Isn't that true. Be respectable in front of your child. Children model behavior, if they see you act in a loud unruly fashion they will do the same. However if you have manners, decorum and show compassion for others they will do that as well. Don't curse and yell and be obnoxious in front of your child and then pray they don't turn out that way. My mother once cursed in front of my baby when she was three and Natty in he innocence repeated it and it was like someone had run a knife through my heart to hear my baby soil her mouth with a curse word. My mother seemed shocked when Natalie did this and I wanted to choke her but I couldn't in front of Natty.My mother is gone now, but her sister curses in front of Natalie and because of it Natalie has no respect for her. Always be a person the child can be proud of, a person above reproach, full of integrity and honor and your child will strive to be just such a person I mean after all that is the kind of person you want them to be right?

No comments:

Post a Comment